Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear Body: Vinnie

unpublished poem by a youth from Larkin Street Youth Services
*typos and capitalization are [sic]

10/28/10

DEAR BODY!
You See There Is A Problem HeRE!Italic
Im In PAiN!
Not Just Any Pain, The Kind of Pain That
makes you Feel as though There are Little GrimLings
chewing away at my muscles & Joints Causing them
To Constrict a Thousands Knives
Pressing Hard, pressing Deep!
But you See, Its Not youR Fault!
Its MinE!! For Iam The One who
Consumed all those what I call
Lines on FLat MiRRoR TabeL!

I was the OnE who ConSumed
Those Now Living On what I Call a Side Effect
On a Once 89LB METH HEAD!!

But Its Not YouR FAULt Body!
I Now CaRRy The Pain!
But you See Body! I teLL You this
I Need you To CARRy Now This Healthy
Fagboi, cLean Since DAY One ON This New JouRNEY
I NEEd you To CARRY Me
ALL The Way
FoR I am STRong, I SuRRender!

No comments:

Post a Comment