Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Vangaurd Young Adult in the News: SF Bay Gaurdian

See the full Article: The Faces of Feminism

MIA TU MUTCH
Transgender activist and SF Youth Commission officer
I've worked for a plethora of LGBTQ organizations and have been on several national speaking tours. I currently serve as media and public relations officer of the San Francisco Youth Commission, and use my position to promote LGBTQ safety and overall health. I've partnered with several city departments in order to create a cultural competency video that will train all service providers on best practices for working with LGBTQ youth. As a vocal advocate against hate crimes and sexual assaults, I'm working with local groups to create a community patrol in the Mission to prevent violence against women and transgender people. I'm also the founder of Fundraising Everywhere for All Transitions: a Health Empowerment Revolution! (FEATHER), a collective aimed at making gender-affirming transitions more affordable for low income transgender people. I work to create avenues of equality for those who benefit the least from patriarchy by creating a culture of safety and support for people of all genders.

No comments:

Post a Comment